Monday 2 October 2017

Nehemiah: Chinese and Australian Baptist Church family camp 2017


During the long weekend the Chinese and Australian Baptist Church had a family camp at the Merroo Christian Conference Center. This site’s got fat sheeps and a house of prayer. The theme of this camp is “I love the Lord's Church”, and the Scripture is on Nehemiah. The speaker, Rev. Chan, is a scholar on the book of Nehemiah. There is a feeling of familiarity in this because my house used to be the gathering place for a cell group called “Nehemiah”. When the group underwent dissolution because the cell group leader prepared to give birth, I happened to be studying at Morling College. At that time, I felt as though the hardware was there but the software suddenly crashed (actually it wasn’t that serious… just a reorganisation of the cell group members to other cell groups).

As I drove away from the camp grounds, I suddenly saw a large black thing in the middle of the road! As I drove closer, it suddenly grabbed a piece of meat (or an animal killed by a car) with its claws and flew up. Shiny brown feathers, sharp eyes and beaks! It was a gigantic eagle! I did not know that there are eagles in Sydney! This was the first time I had such a closeup view of an eagle (Wedge-tailed eagle)! It flew to the grass next to the road, and stared at me with its yellow eyes, as though it was angry that I interrupted its lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment