Tuesday 15 October 2019

true bride vs false bride


Your next steps: As you look back over the past few months and also look forward to 2020 - do you have a sense of where God is leading you? What do your next steps look like?

It's been a bit more than a month since I got married with Chris, and it is the Feast of Tabernacles this week. When I went to Jerusalem with the ICEJ group for the Feast of Tabernacles in 2015, we saw a huge wedding dress on the Tower of David.


During that trip, I even bought two bottles of the “Cana Wedding Wine” in Cana (and this was the passage we used for our wedding)!

This week, messages about the true bride vs the prostitute kept coming up recurrently from various places.

On Saturday, I watched an exegetic video on the Book of Revelations by Mei-Lun Chau 喬美崙老師, where she talked about the contrast between the Bride of Christ vs the Prostitute mentioned in Revelation 17-19. She emphasised that one is either a true bride, or a false bride. And the false bride = the Prostitute. There is no middle way.

On Sunday, the message at CABC-WR was on Hosea, the prophet who was commanded by God to marry a whore called Gomer. This marriage relationship between Gomer and Hosea symbolises the rebellion of the Israelites against God, ie. the covenant failure of Israel. A quote by Charles Spurgeon was used in this sermon: “If Christ is not all to you, he is nothing to you.”

That same evening, I did my spiritual devotional using the material by Crossroads Publications 宣教日引,  which happened to be on Revelations 2:22, which again talks about committing adultery (moicheuonta) and warns Christians against adultering with the world! Then, on Monday, one of the leaders of the short medical mission team I went to Vanuatu with shared this exact same devotional with the team!

Those who can understand Chinese, here were the sources:

Ok, it is quite clear that God is speaking to me here, reminding me about my position as a "Bride of Christ." I must admit that over the past few months, many things have occupied my mind and God is definitely not one of the first ones. My husband and the wedding itself seemed to occupy my mind a lot more than God! And also the fear about having to move to Melbourne if his work project is always in Melbourne (sorry, Melbournians, I like Sydney a lot better than Melbourne). I can only pray that God will give me the power to get my acts together again! Gotta realign with God first before we can know where God is leading us!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment