Sunday 19 March 2017

The largest hidden cross in the world

In church today, there was a sharing on a short mission in Dubai. I felt especially strongly about the worship song because it uses a verse which I chose for my father's funeral 4 years ago, and embarked on my journey at Morling College straight after: Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. (John 12:24)

Whenever I hear messages about missions or the Middle East, I feel an extra burden. Today, I also realised that one of the biggest hidden cross in the world is in Dubai in Burj Al Arab!

“The locals accusing the British man of hidden intentions noticed that in 2004 the image of the building was eliminated from the car license plates of Dubai. The authorities have not given any explanation, and neither had the architect, so the whole story is shrouded in mystery.”


This has reminded of something from last year: What does the symbol of the cross mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment